Marketing agency insurance
Coverage for your mock ups and your muck ups
An ad that fails to boost sales, copyright infringement, or press coverage with the wrong spin on it, is all it takes.
If a client claims you made a mistake, it can cost you. And not just your time and money. A claim like that puts your reputation on the line, too.
But if you’ve got errors and omissions insurance, your work, your business, and your name are protected. Simple, really. But then the best ideas often are.
Why do marketing professionals need errors and omissions insurance?
At pitch or proposal time, your clients may ask if you have errors and omissions insurance (E&O, for short). But it’s for your peace of mind, too. Because clients can sue you even if you haven’t made a mistake.
If you have an E&O policy you can relax. Even if the claim is groundless, it can take care of your defense, legal fees, and compensation too -- if you’re liable. Leaving you to get on with running the agency you’ve worked so hard to build.
Oh, and just so you know -- errors and omissions insurance for marketing agencies is also called professional liability insurance, or media liability insurance.
But what’s in a name? They all do the same thing.
What does marketing insurance cover?
Errors and omissions for marketing, media, and advertising can cover:
- Claims for errors and omissions – whether you made them, or not
- Damages – if you’re found at fault
- Legal defense bills – including hiring an attorney, if you need one
- Claims against you for past work
- Claims made against you worldwide – so long as they’re filed in the United States, a U.S. territory, or Canada.
Which professions does your marketing insurance cover?
- Brand consultant
- Digital marketing
- Direct marketing
- Market research
- Marketing/media consulting
- Media and broadcast consulting
- Other marketing/PR services
- Public relations
- Search engine services (SEO/SEM)
- Social media consultant
How much does marketing insurance cost?
Our policies start from $22.50 a month. But you can pay quarterly, or annually – the choice is yours. Your budget – your way.
As for the amount of cover, it’s best to over-estimate. Think worst-case scenario, then pick a figure you can afford.
What other insurance does a marketing agency need?
- General liability insurance – covers you when you’re out and about on business, or have visitors to your office. It protects against claims of physical damage to property and people.
- Cyber liability insurance – because hackers will hack and phishers will phish. Cyber insurance can’t stop an attack. But it can pay your recovery costs so your business recovers from one.
- Business personal property insurance – covers the portable stuff in your office - from your furniture to your potted plants. It also covers the equipment you take with you to meetings, like laptops and mobile phones.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – is required in most states, even if you only have one employee. It protects your business from the cost of workplace illness and injury claims.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP) – is a bundle of the basic policies a business owner needs, like general liability, property, business interruption and cyber insurance. Just add in what you need and take out what you don’t. It’s cheaper than buying the policies separately, too.
Every marketing business is different. We know that. Whether you’re in advertising, branding, SEO, digital marketing, PR, media sales or social media, we can tailor coverage to suit your individual needs. What’s more, it’ll only take a few minutes.
Read what our customers say about us
I had many things to do to get inspection insurance. Matt guided me through the process making it easy for me. Friendly and prompt and respectful people and service. Thanks
Mr Welch. 06-14-2018
Quick and easy process. Information is clear and upfront.
Insurance Bee's service is great I told them what I needed and it was done no hassle or complication everything was explained to me in terms that i could understand. I highly recommend
Mrs Garcia. 04-16-2018