Sales consultant insurance
Smart coverage for the sales savvy
Even the smartest sales reps sometimes make mistakes. Mistakes that could cost your company thousands – maybe millions – of dollars in a lawsuit.
Errors and omissions insurance gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your business is protected. Even if a claim is groundless.
Why do sales reps need errors and omissions insurance?
As a professional you can be sued for negligence. To make matters worse, you can be sued even if you didn’t make a mistake. And without the right insurance you’ll have to cover the costs of a lawsuit.
Now you’ve got to defend yourself – your reputation’s on the line. But lawsuits don’t just cost you money, they cost you time. And that’s time better spent making sales and building your business.
Even if a claim is groundless, errors and omissions can hire you an attorney and pay your legal fees. And if it turns out you are at fault, it can take care of the compensation, too.
Called E&O for short, errors and omissions insurance is also known as professional liability insurance. Whatever its name, it’s smart protection for the savviest salespeople.
What does E&O for sales consultants cover?
- Professional negligence claims -- whether you’re at fault, or not
- Claims over work you’ve done in the past
- The cost of an attorney and your legal defense fees
- Compensation, if it turns out you’re liable
- Worldwide claims – so long as they’re filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada
What other insurance do sales consultants need?
- General liability insurance – If you visit with clients you need general liability insurance. It protects your sales consultancy from the cost of claims for bodily injury, personal injury and property damage.
- Cyber liability insurance – Cyber insurance can’t stop a cyber-attack but it can pay your recovery costs so your business survives one. If you use email, own a website or store client data, it’s vital.
- Business personal property insurance – Do you take equipment like laptops and mobiles to meetings? A business personal property policy can cover these items as well as the moveable stuff in your office. Everything from your furniture to your potted plants.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – Even if you only have one employee, most states require you to have this insurance. It’s a good policy to have anyway. It protects your business from the cost of workplace illness and injury claims which can be crippling.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP) – Also known as a BOP, this is a bundle of the basic policies a business owner needs. It includes general liability, property and business interruption as standard. But you can tailor it to suit your needs. Just add in what you need and take out what you don’t. It works out cheaper than buying the policies separately, too.
But because every sales consultancy is different, we can tailor an insurance package to suit you. What’s more, it’ll only take a few minutes.
Read what our customers say about us
I had many things to do to get inspection insurance. Matt guided me through the process making it easy for me. Friendly and prompt and respectful people and service. Thanks
Mr Welch. 06-14-2018
Quick and easy process. Information is clear and upfront.
Insurance Bee's service is great I told them what I needed and it was done no hassle or complication everything was explained to me in terms that i could understand. I highly recommend
Mrs Garcia. 04-16-2018