Coverage to pick up the pieces
You’re an army of helping hands working with wood, wire, glass, pavers, plaster, appliances and more. You put a shine on the places we live and work.
But what happens if the shine rubs off and there's a problem?
What if a client gets hurt tripping over your tools? A dropped tool cracks a tiled floor? Or a priceless vase topples as you brush past?
Luckily, broken glass doesn’t have to mean shattered revenue. General liability insurance can help you pick up the pieces.
Why do artisans need liability insurance?
Because even if an accident wasn’t your fault, you can still be sued. And that can be painful – for your wallet.
If a case goes to court and gets drawn out, you’re looking at legal bills of 5, maybe even 6 figures. Without insurance, how will you cover that?
Even if a case is groundless, general liability insurance can pay your legal bills and compensation, if you’re liable.
So be crafty. Get covered.
What does our artisan contractor insurance cover?
- Bodily injury – a client trips over your power cable while you're working at their house, breaking their arm. Your coverage can pay their medical expenses.
- Property damage – you're replacing internal doors at your customer's home and drop one, smashing a collection of antique figurines. Your coverage can pay for repairs or replacement.
- Personal injury – you're overheard making a mean remark about a tricky customer. It gets back to them and they sue you for slander. Your coverage can pay for an attorney to defend you and compensation - if you're found liable.
Which artisan professions do we insure?
- Air conditioning installation and repair
- Appliance installation and repair
- Cabling installation
- Carpet, furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Clock making and repair
- Communications equipment installation
- Door or window installation and repair
- Driveway or sidewalk paving and repaving
- Drywall or wallboard installation and repair
- Electrical work
- Fence installation and repair
- Floor covering installation
- Glass installation and repair
- Heating installation and repair
- Home theater installation
- Interior finishing
- Masonry work
- Painting and decorating
- Plastering and stucco work
- Property preservation
- Security system installation
- Sign painting and lettering
- Sound equipment installation
- Tiling, stone, marble, mosaic or terrazzo work
- Window cleaning
How much does our artisan contractor coverage cost?
Our policies start at $37.50 per month.
But it’s worth bearing in mind, that the cost of your insurance will be affected by things like:
- your experience and qualifications
- the number of employees you have, and
- the value of your tools and equipment.
If you’ve been in business for years with no history of problems, your insurance will cost less than someone who’s just starting out. Or who’s had lots of claims in the past.
And if you’re a one-man band who sticks to small projects, you’ll pay a lot less for liability insurance than a major contractor with a big team.
Whatever the cost, there’s a package to suit your particular business needs. And payment options, too, so you can spread the cost to fit your budget.
What other insurance do artisan contractors need?
So often, your expensive tools get lost, damaged, or stolen, just when you need them most. If you can’t afford to replace them straightaway, it might not just cost you in delays, it could cost you the job.
Add business personal property insurance to your general liability policy and you’ll get up to $25,000 equipment cover. Which could come in very handy.
Workers’ compensation insurance protects your business from the cost of workplace injuries to staff. If you don’t have any staff, you don’t need it. But the minute you hire your first employee, most states require you to have workers’ comp coverage.
And that’s a good thing. Because if an accident happens to an employee on the job, your insurance can cover their medical bills, lost wages and legal costs. And protect you from a lawsuit – whoever’s at fault.
Think you’re too small to get hacked? Think again. A one-man show’s just as likely to be hit by hackers as a big corporate. But without their resources, you’re less likely to recover.
Cyber liability insurance can’t stop an attack. But it can pay the recovery costs, so your business survives one.
But because every business is different, you’ll want insurance to suit your exact needs. InsuranceBee can do that. And it’ll only take a few minutes.
Read what our customers say about us
I had many things to do to get inspection insurance. Matt guided me through the process making it easy for me. Friendly and prompt and respectful people and service. Thanks
Mr Welch. 06-14-2018
Quick and easy process. Information is clear and upfront.
Insurance Bee's service is great I told them what I needed and it was done no hassle or complication everything was explained to me in terms that i could understand. I highly recommend
Mrs Garcia. 04-16-2018