It's people like you who keep things running for the rest of us: making good, fitting, fixing, sprucing things up and generally helping us keep our houses in order. Our workplaces, too.
You're an army of helping hands working with wood, wires, glass, pavers, plaster, appliances and a whole lot more. You make the places we live and work a better place – whether you're installing stuff, repairing things or putting a shine on them.
But what happens if the shine rubs off and there's a problem? What if a dropped tool cracks a tiled floor, an antique vase topples as you brush past it, or someone trips over your equipment and is injured?
There's a whole heap of things that can go wrong for small contractors, but even broken glass doesn't have to mean shattered revenue. If a client sues you for damages to their property or person, liability insurance is there to help pick up the pieces, paying for legal costs and compensation.
General liability insurance made easy
- Buy online or over the phone - saving you time.
- From as little as $500 – saving you money.
- Customized to your profession – coverage as unique as your business.
- Helpful advisors – advice you need when you need it.
- High quality Hiscox coverage – rock-solid security and world-class reputation.
- Quarterly payment option – your budget, your way.
- Free additional insureds – show you're professional and reliable.
Who is general liability insurance for?
You should consider general liability insurance if you or your employees:
- Visit a client's place of work or home, or clients visit yours
- Have access to a client's equipment
- Use third-party locations for any business related activities
Why do you need general liability insurance?
You should consider general liability insurance because:
- General liability claims are notoriously expensive
- It safeguards your business
- It satisfies contractual requirements