Quote online and buy in minutes

Get my quote

Errors and omissions insurance for designers

Quote online and buy in minutes

Quote online and buy in minutes

Get my quote

Affordable insurance

Licensed advisors

No-obligation quote

Customized coverage

Errors and omissions insurance for designers

Quote online and buy in minutes

Get my quote

Protection you can draw on

A wrongly-placed image or a mismatched color tone is all it takes. If a client claims you made a mistake and it’s cost them, it won’t just damage your bank balance. Your good name is on the line, too.

But if you’ve got errors and omissions insurance, your work, your business and your reputation are protected. That way, if you make a mistake, you won’t have to go back to the drawing board.

  • Why do designers need errors and omissions insurance?

    If you sell your services as a professional, clients may expect you to have a current certificate of insurance.

    But errors and omissions insurance (E&O, for short) is for your peace of mind, too. Because you can be sued even if you haven’t made a mistake.

    If you have an E&O policy you can relax. Even if the claim is groundless, your coverage can take care of your legal bills and compensation, if you’re liable. Which means you can get back to business.

    Because that's the thing. Without insurance, fighting a legal claim doesn't just cost you money, it costs you time. And you’ve got a business to run.

    Oh, and just so you know, E&O is sometimes called professional liability insurance. But what’s in a name? All that matters is: they do the same thing.

  • What sort of designers do you cover?

    We can provide cover for:

    Creative technologists
    Graphic designers
    Interior designers
    Landscape architects
    Solar site assessors and designers

  • What does E&O for designers cover?

    E&O insurance can cover:

    • Claims for errors and omissions – whether you made them, or not
    • Damages – if you’re found at fault
    • Legal defense expenses – including hiring an attorney, if you need one
    • Claims made over past work
    • Claims made against you worldwide – so long as they’re filed in the United States, a U.S. territory, or Canada.
  • What other kinds of insurance do consultants need?

    General liability – if you visit clients, or they come to you, general liability insurance protects your consultancy business from bodily and personal injury claims by a third party. And damage to their property.

    Business personal property – covers your cell and other mobile devices you take with you to client meetings. It also protects all the moveable items in your office. From your servers to your staplers.

    Cyber liability – if you’ve been hacked, it takes care of your recovery costs. Including restoring your data and systems, pr to restore your reputation, regulatory fines and legal costs, if clients sue.

    Workers’ compensation – required in most states the minute you hire your first employee, it protects your business from the cost of workplace injuries. It can cover medical bills, replace wages and legal fees if you get sued.

    Business owners' – if you need several policies, say, general liability, property and cyber, you might want to buy a business owner’s policy (BOP). It’s a bundle of basic insurance policies designed with small business owners in mind. What’s more, it usually works out cheaper than buying the policies separately. And you can tailor it to suit your needs.

Prefer to talk?

For advice, a quote or just a quick question, feel free to call me.

I'm Tim - I'm here to help you.

My direct line is: 978 344 4221.

Call me or request a call and I'll call you back.


Tim Walsh
Account Executive

Quote online and buy in minutes

Get my quote