Preparing for year-end: a freelancer’s guide

New year, new start. It's out with the old and in with the new. Or is it? How can freelancers prepare for year-end, and beyond?

Why does a condo association need directors’ and officers’ insurance?

Directors and officers of a condo association ensure the smooth running of their neighborhood. But who covers them if something goes wrong?

What is a claims made policy?

We hate jargon at InsuranceBee. But sometimes, there isn't a simple way of explaining something. So what is a claims-made policy, exactly?

Directors’ and officers’ insurance for homeowner associations: what is it? Do I need it?

Do I need directors' and officers' insurance?

The importance of client sign off

Make sure you get sign off from your client before you start work on a project or you could find yourself in hot water further down the line.

Industry focus – web designers

We find out what risks are faced by those working as web designers, and give advice on the types of insurance that protects their business.

Do I need errors and omissions insurance?

Want to keep your business safe if a disgruntled client wants to make a claim? If so, you need errors and omissions insurance.

Why your business needs terms and conditions

As well as insurance, a wily accountant, and a smart lawyer, it's important your business lays out its terms and conditions.

What insurance do charities need?

Like any business, charities need insurance. Find out what coverage you need for your charitable organization and make sure you're properly protected.

Going freelance? Here’s what you need to know

So, you've decided to go freelance? That's great news. But before you do, here's some things you might want to think about.